Sunday, March 04, 2007

On Turning a Quarter Century..

I turned 25 today! At first I was sort of dismayed at the prospect. But now I'm okay with it, I guess. Sera took me out to Capone's tonight and totally spoiled me with sparkling wine, three tapas and three desserts! We had goat cheese bruschetta, salmon wrapped prawns, crabcakes, chocolate cheesecake, mango and raspberry sorbet, and mango creme brulee. We also went shopping beforehand. The boy got me the SAS survival book, and mini Vancouver plant identification pocket guide, both of which I was going to buy myself. So very intuitive gift.

Also went for goodbye dinner #2 with Kat and her close allies at Insadong (Korean BBQ). It was great having galbi again, and introducing people to it! And the night before, my family and boy went to Banana Leaf (Malaysian) which is also very good. One hour wait time though.. egads! Anyway, I spose its nice being 25 because you mellow out a bit when you're older and hopefully get a bit wiser. I wish I could be mellow, wise and 19 though. :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Happy birthday!

11:22 AM  
Blogger thatgirl said...

I just typed you a long comment and then lost it due to sign-in issues. I'm not happy about this whole google eats blogger situation. I now have to type out my super long yahoo email address in order to sign in. nutshellsareformunkies!! dammit.. what possessed me to make such a long name anyway. vernon i think.

ANYWAY, just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY big girl! There are definitely good things about getting older I think. I'm enjoying it anyway. I'm much happier now than I was at 19. I think it's all uphill until about 50 or 60, or whenever you start to have health problems. So be glad and enjoy 25, I'm sure it'll be a fun year! Cheers!

I think we should do more celebrating in fact, jewel of india perchance?

12:21 PM  
Blogger s said...

Yeah I was kind of a brat at 19.

10:55 PM  
Blogger s said...

Oh yeah as per my newest post, I'm gonna be a sleep-deprived wreck next week but I'll still try my best for Jewel of India. Have u checked out whats playing that nite? Hopefully dub...

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home