Thursday, May 03, 2007

Today's task: chopping petunias..

I haven't updated this week in the greenhouse because I've basically been doing repeat tasks, like seeding herbs. Today's task (click to see larger pic) :


















See all those flowers? I have to chop each one off. The plants are perhaps a foot tall and we're hacking them down to 2" as they've grown out unevenly. Then they'll grow back nicely and flower again later. That cart thingy in the distance is the monorail, which I put buckets of chopped flowers on, and send them hurtling down the aisle to dump on the compost heap..... Petunias are STICKY. They have some kind of sap on them that builds up and gets all over everything.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to know that you have a green thumb. For me, I plant flowers in the wrong soil in the wrong light conditions and water them all wrong. A tiny little thing, looks like that yellow weeds, still grow just to please me.

I want you to work without an aching back.

Korean reader with a BIG BROWN thumb.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home