Sunday, May 07, 2006

I need a new career!

I need a new career. Part of the intended purpose of coming to Korea was to think seriously about what career path to take. Well I have been thinking seriously the whole year, reading books and googling jobs, asking around and starting over from scratch. I want to for once wake up in the morning and be EXCITED about my job, not just be able to tolerate it. And not even just 'enjoy' it. Right now I enjoy my job, but I'm definitely not EXCITED to go do it.

Here is the list of stuff I've considered this year:

Bath and body product retailer
Fashion design
Mini landscape design
Human Resources
Graphic Design
Biologist
Oceanographer
Park Ranger
Children's book author
Elementary school teacher
ESL college teacher


This is only the tip of the iceberg of things I've considered. And right now? I'm reading up on organic farming, particularly starting a goat cheese farm. It would be perfect.. I like goats, I like goat cheese, I would prefer not working with people, I like working outside, and I like making stuff. The downside is, there aren't too many goat cheese farms in Vancouver to practice on before I save up an inordinate sum of money to start my own.

This is ridiculous.. 3.5 months left and I still haven't decided what I want to do when I return. I don't want to end up doing some boring office job I hate again. :(

I want to do something challenging, preferably in the great outdoors! :)
Any ideas? Then.. please for the love of all things fuzzy and cute, leave a comment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hmmm... if you would prefer not working with people, scratch the HR for sure!

Have you done any work in fashion design before? I have a set of rulers (?) and design tools sitting in my closet collecting dust... you're welcome to borrow them if you want (for making patterns).

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

read "what colour is your parachute" asap. i just got my latest version (last one i got was 2000) and am doing all the exercise. it's been really helpful so far. get jules to send you a copy!

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home