Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yellow Dust Storm

I don't have to visit China. Because it's come to visit me... in the form of dust from the Gobi desert in northwest China.

I'm heading up to Seoul this weekend. Apparently the yellow dust is a lot worse there. A coworker today told me it sticks to the window so that you can't see out. And that people in China and even here die from respiratory problems caused by the dust. As the dust spreads, it picks up carcinogens and heavy metals over industrial China, before it is dumped in Beijing, Korea, Japan, and even California! I did notice it the past few days, getting in my eyes a bit and making me really thirsty. Here's a short article about it.

Here is Beijing in 2001 dust storm:



Holy fauking crap! I can't believe how some can think that the world is advancing and is in the best shape it's ever been... I hate to admit it, but i think the world is beyond repair. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

7:23 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Speaking of beyond repair, I've updated at samaj.blogspot. Thought I'd solicit your eyeballs. Nice place you got here. Cool pics, sweet video.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home